Saturday, December 24, 2011

Refreshed Makeup Tips

Not everyone has much money or time to spend doing their makeup in the morning. I have been wondering lately how to become an event planner, and if I chose that career path I would always be in a rush to get my makeup perfect with little rest, similar to most women. How can a woman achieve a quick refreshed look while not fully rested?  

Drink a glass of water and avoid sodium filled foods for the day.
 
Amplify your complexion. I use a gentle exfoliator to rub into my skin when washing to get rid of any dead skin cells. I use a moisturizer with SPF in it to protect the fresh skin I just exposed.
 
Get rid of those dark circles and bags! I have a brightening eye roller in the fridge I grab and give a sweep or two to the area. I massage the product in with my ring finger and allow drying before I dab just a bit of concealer with a slight pink/salmon hue to it under my eye area. If I am in a huge hurry, I will get my normal stick concealer on my finger, and gently tap it into a salmon peach colored blush before applying it. I use my ring finger because it is the weakest of your fingers. My routine involves grabbing this while brushing my teeth, though not sure how safe that could be if I tripped. Maybe grab while using mouthwash or a flossier stick.
 
After using a primer, try stippling on your foundation. I found one at a price you can't resist buying to try a stippling brush. There is a makeup artist that has wonderful suggestions in his YouTube video on how to use the brush and how to apply. I would suggest only using a powder on your T-zone to set, you want to keep a slightly dewy and health appearance.
 
Use a cream blush to give a rosy and healthy appearing glow. There are many wonderful products at the drug store, I enjoy using Maybelline Dream Mousse blush, and it melts into my skin.
 
I like to use a shimmery color of shadow on my eyes. My favorite lately is Cover girl eye enhancers in Shimmering Sands. I even use the sponge applicator because it saves me precious time of searching for brushes. I follow with curling my lashes and using volumizing mascara. It helps to draw light to your face, putting more attention on your eyes than your complexion.
 
For lips I would suggest a moisturizing lip gloss or lip stick. Rimmel or Revlon have good lip products that are moisturizing, even more important in the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment