Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Looks & Tips

As the holidays are approaching next week I have Christmas parties for work and get together for the holidays with friends and family. I need to look my best for all of them, especially because some of my friends love to take pictures. I decided the best way to tackle it is to make a game plan. Once I figured out how many events I will be attending I determined functions were dressy and casual.

For the formal work Christmas party I will wear something work appropriate. I have a blue sweater that I will pair with a black pencil skirt, black leggings, and some glittery heels. To match it I found a glittery clutch at the mall. I will put some loose curls in my hair. My makeup was inspired by Jennisse Makeup; I love the look of rich browns and lots of gold glitter and shimmer. I looked to my different bronzers to use; I will be using my Physician's Formula shimmer strips to add sparkle to my eyes. I will pair it with a slight tint of red on my lips using a lip butter.

For the casual events, I will wear jeans and a sweater, either silver or black. I'll end with my high heeled boots. I want a fun and colorful makeup look since my clothes aren't so flashy. Chantilliscious inspired me; I'll be using an elf palette to recreate the look. I will finish it with a moisturizing lip gloss.

A few more tips:

While attending parties make sure to monitor your alcohol intake. I would suggest avoid drinking at the work party altogether, it's too easy to make blunders when you've had one too many drinks. Before having even one drink, determine if there is a designated driver, or be sure to have cab fare and the number of a cab company or two programed into your cell phone.

When mingling at parties, be sure to talk with everyone, or at least some people you've rarely spoken with. Don't just stick with the group you are the most comfortable with, this is an opportunity to get noticed within the company, you want to make a positive impression.

Ask questions when you are unsure of something. Last week I stroke up a conversation with someone that left me wondering, what is an administrative assistant? I asked and learned something new. I believe you should learn something new every day.

Most important tip is to relax. This party is an opportunity to enjoy yourself. Don't fret about the million other things to get done before Christmas; you'll get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment