Friday, December 30, 2011

How To Look Good When You are Sick

It seems everyone is sick at the moment, and I'm fighting off a cold as well. Despite not feeling at my best, I am still working on my goal for my winter break from school, looking for a scholarship for women. I still have my job to maintain as well, and need to look my best for my clients. I'll share some tips on looking good despite not feeling well.

Get your hair off of your face. I like to put my hair in a high ponytail getting it off my face and off my neck. It allows light to your face and is more complimentary. Give roots some lift by teasing roots, pulling hair off your face and pinning back. Add a few curls to the ends of hair for added body.

Focus the attention to your eyes. Plum or teal with shimmer will draw attention to your eyes and away from your red nose. Use two coats of mascara, and line the water line with white liner.

Bronzer and blush can work miracles. Use a bronzer around the frame of your face and on the sides of your nose to bring color to your face. Use blush on the apples of your cheeks to bring color to your face and give a healthy glow.

Don't neglect your lips. Even if you are not used to wearing lip products, color on your lips will help give a healthy appearance. Use a lip liner to outline your lips, be sure to fill in the middle with the same liner as well. Top it off with a lip balm for moisture and a slight sheen.

Use bright jewelry or a scarf to draw attention away from your face.

Exercise as possible. Even when having a hard time breathing and sniffling, try to do as much exercise as possible, encouraging blood flow and helping you to get better. Don't forget to drink extra water; you may be dehydrated from the sickness and drainage.

Rest as much as you can between commitments and work. If possible, reschedule what you can. People understand and don't want to get sick when it can wait. Ask for help; ask other parents for help with carpooling children to/from school or activities. Be sure to return the favor when you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment