Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sorting, Storing, & Replacing Makeup


My friend and I are both attending the same college. We agreed to combine our search for scholarships; I was excited for her when I came across some scholarships for Hispanic women! We have begun our holiday shopping; leaving us both quite broke for the moment. With all the holidays coming up soon, I thought I should make sure I have the basics for my winter makeup routine. Here is what I did:
  1.  First was sorted through my makeup. I tossed out any broken products or ones I haven't used since last year; especially lip products and anything liquid. There was a few I found at the way bottom that I haven't seen in forever! What I was left with was a waste basket full of products I had spent my hard earned money on. I am getting a head start on my New Year's resolution to take better care of my makeup.
  2. To start, I visited the local dollar store for storage solutions. What I discovered was a large clear plastic box intended for shoes. I also found little compartments that would fit inside of it to separate products according to category. I then sorted out my eye products such as eye liners, lash curlers, and a few mascaras into one compartment. In the other compartment I placed concealers and highlighters. In the last compartment I sorted my blushes and color sticks. I then stacked my brushes into a glass that fit neatly in the corner. I stacked my powders and foundations in the remaining space.
  3. To replace some of the products I had thrown out, including my favorite mascara, I began my search online. I found a few coupons for brands I enjoy. I looked at a few drugstores’ ads on their websites. I found at one they were having a sale buy one product, get one free. I happened to have a coupon for the brand as well! I will be using that deal to save money. Sometimes I will get two of the same mascara so I have a fresh one waiting to use, but I usually get something totally new to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment