Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winter Skin Care


Everyone should take care of their skin, no matter how busy life can get. As the busiest time of year is growing closer I try to pay more attention to my skin to prevent the stress breakouts and dry skin. I use a variety of products that can all be found at any drug store on my face and body. I will recommend the best products that have worked particularly well for my skin.

I really encourage using moisturizer, it is especially important in the winter when the cold and wind can wreak havoc on your skin. Before going outside make sure to rub some lotion on before bundling up with a scarf, hat, and gloves. It helps add another layer between your delicate skin and the cold. If you will be outside for an extended period of time, use a thick sunscreen. I use a St. Ives lotion claiming to provide 24 hours of moisture, it seems to last most of the day for me. In the shower I like to use a product that will multitask, washing my skin and providing lasting moisture. My favorite is a body wash containing oil. I follow the rules of not taking a scalding hot shower, and pat my skin dry with a fluffy towel. I then slather on lotion when my skin is still warm so it will absorb quickly. 


My doctor, who told me about getting her online Phd while working at a family docotor's office, recommended for me to use baby wash to get my eye makeup off, it even takes off waterproof mascara! Yet it’s gentle enough to wash a baby. I enjoy Neutrogena's facial products. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing Cream Cleanser is best for washing my face morning and night. I love how my skin looks after using it, my cheeks aren't as red as using other cleansers, and it helps to prevent breakouts. Toner has been a big help in the last few months, it is applied with a cotton ball after I wash my face. It helps to get rid of any excess oil in the oil prone zones I have, my forehead, nose, and chin.
I always use a moisturizer; my preferred one for mornings is Neutrogena oil free with SPF 15. Even in winter you need SPF! At night I use a moisturizer that has a thicker consistency and claims to prevent wrinkles. I always finish up with my favorite lip balm

If your skin does get wind burn, treat it similar to how you would treat sunburn. Use gentle cleansers such as the baby wash and apply a thin coat of aloe vera. Prevention is easier than treatment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment