Sunday, March 25, 2012

False Eyelashes

With weddings and graduation parties just around the corner, what is a way a student can glam up their appearance? False eyelashes can add length, thickness, and fullness to those tiny hairs that frame your eyes. They can look very natural when applied correctly, and will reduce the amount of mascara or eye makeup used. This is even better in summer when avoiding a makeup meltdown during those stressful summer moments. They should be applied to open and draw attention to the eyes, but not be obviously false. There are many options for everyone, from drugstore lash strips to professionally applied eyelash extensions.

It depends on the occasion I feel on what type of lashes you should use. I recommended to a friend getting married having a more semi-permanent option of eyelash extensions applied by a professional. She is planning an outdoor wedding this summer and a tropical honeymoon. Eyelash extensions will help give her a more awake appearance, even when she hot doesn't want to wear much makeup in the tropics. She will still look good without any makeup in these pictures that will remind them of their special trip. They are quite affordable as well; she booked an appointment at a local salon for the day before her wedding date and believes it will be under $200 for lashes they say can last up to 4 weeks.

For a night out with friends, I applied a strip of false eyelashes the other night. It can be hard for someone to apply that has never done it before, so here one of my favorite YouTuber JulieG explains all about it.  I wanted the focus on my eyes, so I applied primer potion and Verve from the Naked 2 palette with blackout in the crease and Virgin from the original Naked palette. I lined with Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencil in Zero. I used Ardell brand I had purchased from Sally Beauty Supply, they very affordable for a broke student always on the hunt for scholarships for women. I applied the lashes with DUO eyelash glue in the dark tone; Revlon has a good glue for anyone sensitive or allergic to DUO. Looking down into a mirror on the counter I glued the false lashes to my skin next to my natural lashes, not the real lashes themselves. After the glue dried I curled my lashes to help blend the false with my real lashes, and applied one coat of mascara. After doing my eye makeup I finished the rest of my face so I wouldn't have to clean up any mistakes. When I take them off, I used a bit of makeup remover on a cotton ball and held it to the lashes for about 20 seconds before trying to peel them off and wash my face up for bed.

One of my friends is very shy about using much makeup, so I convinced her to let me apply some individual bunches of lashes to her eyes. It gave her a little more attention to her eyes. I only applied two to the outer corners of her eyes, holding onto them with a pair of tweezers. She loved it! Even people nervous about false lashes can have a great experience and appearance with the correct products and techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment