Sunday, February 12, 2012

Removing Blackheads

I have been cursed with blackheads on my nose for years. Blackheads are those tiny black dots that typically appear on someone's nose but can also appear anywhere on the face. They are clogged pores that dry up and leave a black appearance at the top. Here are some tips and tricks to get rid of them, I do this at night so any swelling and/or redness has time to subside.

I use an aspirin mask, as demonstrated by Michelle Phan. I crush 3 uncoated aspirins on a plate with a wine bottle making it into white powder, adding a bit of honey, and few drops of warm water. I apply to my face and allow sitting for 10 minutes before getting into the shower. I use warm water to massage it off, leaving my face thoroughly exfoliated. After I get out of the hot shower I immediately put on a Biore pore strip, however if you have sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend this.
After the pore strip has dried and I have peeled it off, I rinse the residue off with warm water and pat my face dry. I then take a bobby pin and dip it into rubbing alcohol. I carefully center any large blackheads in the middle of the bobby pin's head and gently press. If you don't get the clog out the first time, don't press too hard or repeat because you can cause damage tissue or push the blackhead into your skin causing a terrible infection. If any gunk comes out, wipe off onto a tissue, and disinfect the bobby pin before touching it to your face again. When I am satisfied after trying all of the large and noticeable ones, I then moisturize my face and apply a thin coat of Neosporin to my nose. I do this because it is soothing and will prevent any infections. I was surprised to learn however that when my friend was going through tattoo artist training, he tells clients to never apply triple antibiotic ointment to a new tattoo.
Be careful when trying to remove at home, you don't want to be too harsh to your skin because this could cause you to break out even worse. You also don't want to damage tissue because this leads to scarring. If you are unsure or too nervous, seek professional help at removal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment